Sunday, March 27, 2011

Comcast Customer "Service"

Just gonna share this recent webchat I just got done with with Comcast's Costomer Service. I tried calling their 24/7 number to cancel my cable service, but they were experiencing "High Call Volumes" and couldn't take my call, so I used an online chat. I'm impressed they were getting a high call volume on a line to a closed department. I am, however, happy with her honesty that I was contacting a call center in the Philippines.


chat id : cede3a4e-79b2-4584-8ab8-f20b49eff76b
Problem : Ask Comcast Escalation
Mark Liepold > Ask Comcast Escalation
Ma. Cassandra > Hello Mark Liepold, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Ma. Cassandra. Please give me one moment to review your information.
Ma. Cassandra > Welcome to Comcast! My name is Cass.How are you doing today?
Mark Liepold > I'm good, how are you?
Ma. Cassandra > I am glad that you are doing well, Mark.  I am fine, thanks for asking.
Ma. Cassandra > How may I help you today, Mark?
Mark Liepold > I'm looking to cancel my cable
Ma. Cassandra > What other services do you have with Comcast?
Mark Liepold > I have cable and internet, I want to cancel the cable and keep the internet
Ma. Cassandra > I see.  Just to set expectations, Comcast Live Chat Support does not have the capability to cancel services. To cancel service, you need to contact our Loyalty Department at 1-800-COMCAST.
Mark Liepold > well, I've been trying to call that number, but no one will answer
Ma. Cassandra > I apologize for the inconvinience this has made.  Would you mind waiting for 2 minutes while I research some information in my system in order to better serve you?
Mark Liepold > ok
Ma. Cassandra > I have checked here that the Loyalty Department is open Monday to Friday 8:00 am- 8:00 pm and during Saturdays 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
Mark Liepold > why does it say online that that number is available 24-7?
Ma. Cassandra > The number is open 24/7 but the schedule depends according to its Department, Mark.
Ma. Cassandra > I know that this can be frustrating for you, not being able to contact them now.  But please try during the specific times that I gave you.  Surely, they can accomodate to all of your needs and inquiry.
Mark Liepold > ok
Ma. Cassandra > Thank you Mark for understanding.
Mark Liepold > You do understand how odd it is that you provide a 24 hour number without 24 hour service, right?
Ma. Cassandra > Yes, I do understand that but that number can connect you to different Department.
Mark Liepold > Has your customer service ever considered updating information I, the consumer, am exposed to so that I can understand that before I spend a half hour of my life trying to get through to no one?
Ma. Cassandra > I appreciate your suggestion, Mark.  I will try to note that so that our valued customers will be better informed next time.
Mark Liepold > Ok
Mark Liepold > One more question
Mark Liepold > I'm just curious where you are located?
Ma. Cassandra > I am from the Philippines, Mark.
Mark Liepold > Ok, good to know.
Mark Liepold > Have a nice day
Ma. Cassandra > Have a nice day as well.  Just to recap I gave you the schedule for our Loyalty Department.
Ma. Cassandra > Is there anything else I can help you with today? I will be more that happy to assist you with your other Comcast concerns. 
Ma. Cassandra > Analyst has closed chat and left the room

No comments:

Post a Comment